Settlers continued to pour into Scott in the 1850's. From the 1871 census, the origins of the heads of households coming in the 1860's is as follows:
32% from Ontario,
29% from England,
22% from Ireland,
13% from Scotland,
3% from United States,
1% from other location
In the 1870s the peak of population was reached, with there being 2,400
people in 1877. From then on, for serveral decades, the population decreased.
Every available piece of land had been settled. The search for land took
members of many Scott families to other areas, and in particular to the
Scott Township Hall
Council meetings were held in a school until the township hall was built in 1860. The building was served also as a community hall for the 6th Concession and was also used at times for Church services. In July 1993, the Scott Township Hall was moved to the present Uxbridge-Scott Museum grounds.